The data structure is a storage that is used to store and organize data. It is a way of arranging data on a computer so that it can be accessed and updated efficiently.
Depending on your requirement and project, it is important to choose the right one for your project. For example, if you want to store data sequentially in the memory, then you can go for the Array data structure. Next, you are going to find the types:
Linear data structures:
In linear data structures, the elements are arranged in sequence one after the other. Since elements are arranged in a particular order, they are easy to implement. However, when the complexity of the program increases, the linear DT might not be the best choice because of operational complexities.
Popular linear data structures are:
- Array: In an array, elements in memory are arranged in continuous memory.
- Stack: In the stack DT, elements are stored in the LIFO principle.
- Queue: Unlike stack, the queue DT works in the FIFO principle where the first element stored in the queue will be removed.
- Linked List: In a linked list DT, data elements are connected through a series of nodes.
Non-linear data structures:
Unlike linear DT, elements in non-linear DT are not in any sequence. Instead, they are arranged in a hierarchical manner where one element will be connected to one or more elements.
Popular linear Non-linear data structures are:
- Graph: In the graph DT, each node is called a vertex and each vertex is connected to other vertices through edges.
- Trees: Similar to a graph, a tree is also a collection of vertices and edges.
WHY CHOOSE SONATAFY
At Sonatafy and Sonatafy Nexxus, we are focused on building a community for software developers and engineers of all skill levels. As long as you have an understanding of programming languages, you will fit right in. By offering ways to market your skills and build your online presence, we’re helping people be more successful in their careers, both professionally and personally. If you’re serious about making an impact and getting results, it’s worth your time to contact Sonatafy. We’ve been trusted by thousands of companies in various countries around the world.
#types #datastructure #sonatafynexxus #softwaredevelopers #latinamerica