A lot of programmers put their trust in the Python and C programming languages. They may have functional similarities, but they also have core differences.
In Tech History, the C programming language is quite a bit older. It came out in 1972, while Python first appeared in 1991. Since its arrival, programmers have positively embraced C for its speed and portability. Python gained more popularity in the early 2000s when it was a decade old.
In a few words, Python is a high-level, object-oriented programming language (OOP) with dynamic semantics. It provides built-in data structures convenient for scripting. Python also works well as a glue language, to combine software components. It’s also useful for Rapid Action Development (RAD).
But, C is a procedural, general-purpose programming language with massive popularity for its simplicity and flexibility. Programmers widely use the language to develop operating systems, applications, and other complex software because of his nature of transforming program source code into machine-readable language. After compilation, it links up object files and creates a single executable file.
Most significant differences between Python and C
- C is a structural programming language, while Python is an object-oriented programming language.
- Python is a general-purpose programming language, while C is mainly used for hardware-related applications and low-level code.
- C is a compiled language, and Python is an interpreted language.
- Python doesn’t support pointer functionality, but pointers are available in C.
- C has a limited library of built-in functions while Python’s is more extensive.
- In C, it’s mandatory to declare variable types, but this is not necessary for Python.
- C allows line assignment, while it gives errors in Python.
- The syntax of Python is easier to understand than C’s.
- C is faster than Python when it comes to compiling more data.
WHY CHOOSE SONATAFY
At Sonatafy we are focused on building a community for software developers and engineers of all skill levels. As long as you have an understanding of programming languages, you will fit right in. By offering ways to market your skills and build your online presence, we’re helping people be more successful in their careers, both professionally and personally. If you’re serious about making an impact and getting results, it’s worth your time to contact Sonatafy. We’ve been trusted by thousands of companies in various countries around the world.
Check the video from our brand ambassador Luis Gonzales, he explains and shows a benchmark between the speeds code compilation of Python and C.
#python #vs #c #sonatafynexxus #softwaredevelopers #latinamerica